1. Where______Uncle Sun yesterday?
A. was B. were C. did D. does
2. They______going to see Mr. Sun tomorrow.
A. is B. are C. am D. be
3. Some are______in the river and some are______games.
A. swiming, playing B. swimming, playing
C. swimming, playing D. swimming, playing
4. Where is Dick? He______to the reading-room.
A. has been B. went C. has gone D. goes
5. Mark Twain, an American writer,______ everybody here.
A. knows B. is known as C. is known to D. is known for
6. I hope he will come to see me before he______here.
A. leave B. leaves C. will leave D. left
7. My teacher told me that Australians______English.
A. spoke B. speak
C. speaks D. are speaking
8. I think she______right now.
A. reading B. reads C. is reading D. read
9. ---- Where are the children?
---- They______a good time in the garden.
A. are having B. have C. have had D. had
10. ----- Where______my glasses? I can’t find them.
---- I______them on the bookshelf, but they aren’t there.
A. you put, put______B. you have put, have put
C. have you put, put D. did you put, have put
11. When the police arrived, the man______for 10 minutes.
A. died B. was death C. had died D. had been dead
12. By the time this talk is over, we______a lot about the earth.
A. will be learning B. are learning
C. world learn D. will have learnt
13. The teachers told me that they______me to smooth away the difficulties.
A. helped B. will help C. help D. were going to help
14. ----Have you seen him today?
----Yes, I______him this morning.
A. has seen B. see C. will see D. saw
15. He______worried when he heard this news.
A. is B. was C. does D. did
16. What’s your friend going______next week.
A. doing B. do C. does D. to do
17. I don’t think that it’s true. He’s always______strange stories.
A. tell B. telling C. told D. tells
18. Have you ever______West Hill Farm?
A. gone to B. arrived C. come to D. been to
19. How long______he______the novel?
A. has, borrowed B. has, kept
C. has, lent______D. is, using
20. He______to do this lessons at eight every evening.
A. is begining B. is beginning C. begin D. begins
21. The children______a swim this afternoon.
A. are going to has B. is going to have
C. are having______D. are going to have
22. There______a telephone call for my brother Steven yesterday.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
23.______he______on well with his friends this term?
A. Does, gets B. Does, get
C. Is, getting D. Is, geting
24. Who______away my pen? I can’t find it.
A. haven taken B. takes C. has taken D. took
25. Shall we______football this Saturday?
A. play B. playing C. plays D. to play
26. The children______at school now.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
27. Mr. Smith______short stories, but he______a TV play these days.
A. is writing, is writing B. is writing, writes
C. writes, is writing______D. writes, writes
28. He said he______the league for two years.
A. has joined B. has been in C. had been in D. joined
29. She likes watering trees in the garden,______she?
A. doesn’t B. don’t C. isn’t D. didn’t
30. What______you______to do to keep the room clean?
A. do, have B. does, have C. did, have D. are, have
31. Some flowers______by Kate already.
A. have been watered B. watered C. have watered D. has been watered
32. When winter comes, the leaves______fall.
A. are going to B. will C. will be D. would
33. I______to the cinema. I______there every Sunday.
A. go, go B. am going, go C. go, am going D. am going, am going
34. You______about the future now,______ you?
A. don’t think, don’t B. aren’t thinking, aren’t C. don’t think, do D. aren’t thinking, are
35. He was afraid that he______his way.
A. would lost B. would lose C. is going to D. shall lose